Monday, August 29, 2022

Busier Weekend than expected, including a surprise

Saturday the Gallery was quite busy .  There was a special event out on the street, and this meant a fair bit of walk-in traffic including many people who had never been there before- total of 68 people signed the guest book.  Before going out, David and I talked about my continued involvement with the Gallery, and potential driving difficulties come snowfall.  The upshot is that David has joined the Board of Directors, and we will both being going to meetings until, at least, next May.  While there on Saturday I renewed my membership ( a little early), but paid a bit extra to take out a "family" membership.  Then, at the meeting, Sunday, he, and two other new members were voted in as Directors.  There had ben a very poor attendance at our AGM this spring, and we were two Directors below the minimum required according to our by-laws.  A notice had been sent out to the membership, that according to our status, as a corporation, unless we had a full complement of Directors, we would have to close down. Well, problem solved.  As well, neither David nor I will have to worry about my doing the drive out there and back during winter.  I think both of us will benefit, in general, with getting a little more into society.  I just hope I get a chance to drive once in awhile.  And another side effect is that we have both volunteered to work in the gallery next Saturday.  Dno how that happened!

Needless to say there was no studio work done over the weekend, and probably not today either.  However, I have been doing a little more hand stitching, something that's been neglected for a couple of months.  With the recent painting push, I have several projects lined up in the studio.  As well, I want to do a few smaller projects for the Christmas sales at the Gallery and at the group in Lorette, especially greeting cards.

But, today we're both ready for a quiet day, after all the weekend activity.  We've managed to pay the bills, and pick up a couple of prescriptions, and that's enough.  Grocery shopping can wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment