Saturday, August 13, 2022

Life in Neepawa

 It is way too hot to turn on the oven so we have a freezer meal on the BBQ using it as an oven. We stopped at the legion today (surprise). Jan Parrotts family was there having drinks in her memory. Her urn was on the table, in front of ‘her’ chair and Brent had put a rose on it.(her husband made the urn. …it was beautiful) She had Alzheimer’s but her death was unexpected. It was the first time her kids had been together in six years so it was fun, not sad. Rodney texted me this morning at 8:46 saying he forgot to ask us to look after his dogs. (Second time in two weeks Rodney!!). I was in the middle of the field with Lucky at the time but I went down as soon as we got home. We went early this evening since we had two drinks with Jan’s family and knew if we had one at home we wouldn’t be leaving. And now I am outside in the shade waiting for supper to cook. I picked beans today and then pulled up the plants. Enough is enough. I plan on making some pickled beets with the beets in the freezer and then starting all over freezing this year’s crop. I want to make dilled carrots too. I really like them but haven’t made them in years. It is very hot and dry here. They keep forecasting rain but all we get is a spit. Monday I pick Rrain up at her mechanics and take her back when her car is done (how exciting😜). Thursday I read the news again. Rrain won’t be there since it is Nancy’s family gathering at Lilac Beach (east of Winnipeg).  So, supper is over and, yes, the BBQ did a good job on the lasagna. Watermelon for dessert, which Lucky seems to love. (It is good for dogs😊).  Tomorrow is another day. I wonder what will happen?  Anticipation is everything😊. Love you♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment