Monday, August 22, 2022

Rain finally came our way...

 Hello all,

Just finished my night chores and thought I would write a few words on the blog. The long promised rain came to us this afternoon in an hour or two downpour which stopped as quickly as it started. But it gave us water and so I did not have to water outside tonight. Yeah! It takes a good hour to hour 1/4 most nights when I water if I were to do a decent job.

So much road work being done in our area right now and our street. New culverts and patching holes in the roads and tearing up the cement sidewalk that runs from above our place right down to the highway. One hopes they will actually now re cement the walk as they are just receded sand pits now just asking for some dear old soul to trip and fall and injure themselves. And so many homes on the market here in town, and being bought up quickly as well. I have taken to checking the listings on line to see what each asking price is - most are very high in 400 to 500 range. There is a nice home on the Lake that is only $1.5 million. Should I take a look at it?

Yesterday I made apple pie with our own big apples that keep falling on the ground and today a made a delicious apple crisp with the remaining ones left in the dish here in the house. By tomorrow there will be more that have fallen on the ground but we are coming to an end of them now. I froze the pie in serving size pieces for another time. After one big serving of the crisp, I may do the same with what remains.

Surprised to read about your car being ready so fast Pati. Hope you are pleased with the work. You will be especially happy to rid yourselves of the rental as they can get very expensive - so I am told.

Harry read on the facebook that Loren is still not well so I am hoping that things will turn around for him and also Amber and her crew have overcome the worst of their sicknesses as well. The reports I hear on the radio are not too good related to what we can all expect come the Fall related to an escalation of the Covid mixed with the Flu. Makes you want to shelter in place again haha! I still wear my mask into stores and probably only one of very few who do anymore.

So off to bed for me now as I prepare for tomorrow to come and what ever may come with it. Take care and be safe. 👀

No comments:

Post a Comment