Sunday, August 14, 2022

NOT bight eyed and bushy tailed!

 

The phone call was wonderful.  It adds so much to our relationship that just doesn't happen on the blog.  Both are valuable, and we can definitely keep blogging.  I so very much look forward to messages there.

We both didn't sleep well last night, so a very slow start to the day.  It's now 1:00 and we're still working on breakfast. But we have a task for today.  Yesterday, while having coffee with Gail, we took a good look a 3 very pretty coffee mugs, for sale at an outrageous price.  I'd had an eye on these for awhile, but was now looking at them seriously.  Came home and talked it over with David, and he drove me back to buy them.  They are 14 oz. mugs which is a "deal breaker" for me, and both microwave and dishwasher safe.  And the blue matches the kitchen.  Now when David's sister comes to visit, I can pretend to have a set of blue mugs, as we'll have enough for each of us to drink.


But what about the Royal Albert mugs that have been in use for years?  Lately I've been concerned about the gold trim coming to harm in the dishwasher, and have pushed the ones with gold handles to the back of the cupboard, and not using them.  The ones I do use are getting to the point that they appear to be getting stained every time they are used.  So, the ones with gold handles will be hung over the fridge, below the Wanda Koop mugs that are hung there.  (Those are never used.) There is probably only room for 4 of them there, and David will have to screw in some large cup hooks first.  So what ever is left, will go on the top shelf of the corner cabinet over the microwave.  Task for the day.

Another thing we'll be doing over the next day or so, is coming up with a "to do" list for the time we're stuck at home, while the car is in the shop.  There are several things that spring to mind, and I know it's just a matter of getting down to it.

In terms of cooking, it sure isn't the big deal it might have been in the past.  We just fend for ourselves in any way we want.  If one of us feels like cooking for both of us, it's a treat, but does happen about twice a week.  I do checkout recipes on the internet, and drool over them.  I even found a recipe for smaller flat breads at the back of a silly book I just finished reading.  I was going to copy it and give it a try until I read the ridiculous instructions.    It wanted me to roast cumin seeds, and black peppercorns, separately, and then grind them up with a mortar and pestle. Nope, not going there.

The toothache continues, but more an annoyance than something that might need my precious t3's.  They were a Godsend Friday, but I haven't needed them since.  While at coffee yesterday, Gail agreed to drive me out to the Divas meeting just west of Morden, in mid September.  The meeting generally lasts about 2 hours, but Gail has business in Morden, and this will also give her a chance to get together, for a bit, with her favourite niece in Winkler.  I could probably get a ride with some of the other ladies, but Gail knows me well enough to not be bothered if I need to pee every 20 minutes, and to know that we need to stop at any Tom Horton's we come upon.  As well, she has wanted me to come along when she visits the various galleries in Western MB, in the past, so it will probably be a fun trip.

And now a very short day ahead of me.  Supper will be roast chicken.  Gotta' use those chickens that are taking up so much space in the freezer.  Stay safe ladies!

p.s. We spent close to two hours setting everything up, and the area over my fridge now looks like this.






No comments:

Post a Comment