Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Productivity

Progress in the studio is very slow.  No matter what my plans are for the day, I find that I would rather sit and doze over a book, either in the garden or at Starbucks.   Thinking about this, I had to admit that the only person in the world who cares whether I finish my box or not, is me.  So, I'm now setting targets for each days work.  Not  tremendous targets but fairly simple ones, so that I can remain productive, but only work according to my tolerance.

This can be a problem, as I have so very many ideas in my brain, that I now realize that most of them will never reach fruition.  So, I have to decide whether I really care or not.  No, I don't.  I will continue with my studio work and be grateful for each day that I can manage to continue do the work I love.  But--I have absolutely no need to purchase more supplies, unless it is something very specific, for one project, and that can be purchases in small amounts.  I guess that includes more beads.  Snort.

Today I had to pick up some pills at the pharmacy.  The pharmacist told me all about the program to provide pills in blister packs.  Evidently, in Manitoba, this is done free of any extra dispensing fees, by government decree.  This is starting to sound like it might be of value to us, and we just might ask for that type of assistance.

And it was just announced on the news that we get another carbon tax rebate in mid-October.  Fine with me!  Especially as it's non-taxable.

Today, I just didn't want to go out to Lorette, given that I'm not yet comfortable with the rental car, and there is an awful lot of highway  construction, both going and coming home.  But then I did drive to Walmart, found parking, and came home via Starbucks, which meant dealing with the intersection of Regent and Lagimodiere.  Sunday, I need to go out to Selkirk, and I think I figured out the cruise control, which is a victory for me.  Driving is not a problem, but figuring out all the symbols on the computer screen is quite a challenge.

I guess all that I can say is that old age may be a bit of a problem, but with all the challenges, we're not bored.  

No comments:

Post a Comment