Sunday, April 10, 2022

A blip in my plans

 This week the pants that David ordered from The Bay arrived.  All three pair are identical and all three pair needed shortening.  Not a problem, until I tried to sew the first pair.  My Janome was having no part of it.  After breaking the first needle, I tried changing the foot from a regular foot to a walking foot.  But, did I need a different needle-- ball point needle, and did I have one? Found them after a frantic search, but only three in the package. After breaking the the ball point needle, I changed my method.  By then I had realized that I wouldn't be able to zig-zag along the cut edge of the pants and would have to turn up the hem and stitch it down at the same time as preventing the knit fabric from running from the cut edge. Thank Goodness this strategy worked. Over 45 minutes getting started, and three pair finished in the next 20 minutes.

Had a very late start today ( very late) so really didn't accomplish much, but did spend some time on the Purge Challenge.  Then this evening got into the Elderberry wine.  David had needed some red wine for a marinade, and I benefitted from his need.  No plans for tomorrow, as yet, but I'm starting to look forward to a trip to Starbucks as it's been several days since we were there.  We have enough library books to last awhile, and there is food in the house.  We should be fine during any blizzard that might pass through this week--as predicted, and our snow shoveling contract isn't up until April 15th.  How's that for good planning? hehe

Have a good week ladies, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment