Sunday, April 24, 2022

I do so love spring.....

 ... if only it would come.  our highway has opened up, but the #1 is still closed west of  Brandon.  Needless to say, we once again cancelled our trip to Killarney.  It is still blowing and snowing here, but the snow has eased up a bit.  The weather forecast is good for next weekend so we are planning to finally get to Killarney.  Our new internet and TV provider seems to be working out, except I opted for pre-authorized withdrawals from the bank but they never took the money out so I was getting overdue notices.  I finally was able to reach someone and it seems I have to make the first payment myself  and then they will start the regular withdrawals.  Wish someone had mentioned that!  Lucky broke his lead again and took off in the middle of the blowing snow.  I guess he discovered freedom wasn't all that great in the middle of a storm cause he came back pretty quickly.  I was trying to follow his paw prints in the snow but they were filling in pretty fast.  Last year at this time we had potatoes in the garden.  |This year I can't even see the garden yet cause the snow is so deep.  We are supposed to have some above zero days in the next two weeks so I am hoping that it will disappear eventually.  The best news is that I am getting my hair cut on Tuesday!  Finally!  Other than that we have been no where and done nothing lately.  Even our grocery shopping has been minimal.  We were puppy sitting for a couple of days last week.  They are PomChis and the little one could sit in my hands.  The older one was a smidge bigger than the cat.  Lucky was not impressed.   Rrain's power went out last night for about 11 hours.  She says she has never enjoyed a sound as much as her furnace coming on this morning.  It was wicked and cold our there last night.  As for me, I am binge watching the first season of Star Trek: Voyager.  I don't remember any of them so it is like the first time.  I am still collecting 20 or 30 Asian Beetles every day.  I don't know where they are all coming from.  Last fall I vacuumed up hundreds and yet there are more now.  So hope you have a great week ahead, without too many problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment