Sunday, April 17, 2022

Today and a new adventure--sort of

 Knowing that Gail would be coming to help with the car, allowed me to have a leisurely morning.  This ended when David shouted at me that there was a strange woman coming to the door, carrying an armful of shovels. Turned out to be Gail's friend Laurie H. who had come to help.  She got started, and Gail showed up about 20 minutes later.  These two women shoveled the whole driveway, out to the street.  It took them 2 hours of almost constant work.  I stood by "supervising" except for a period during which they told me to get a chair and sit in the garage where it was a bit warmer.  After the job was finished I took them to Starbucks, where I bought them lunch, and Gail phoned her friend Laurie from Transcona to invite her to join us.

It was a wonderful 2 hours of female joking, and laughing and camaraderie.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

While I often read trash, recently I read "Sufferance" by Thomas King.  While it was a wonderful novel on the surface, in  a deeper sense it proved a very profound document about the process of reconciliation.  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment