Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Emotional cost of a purge

 This is coming to light more often now, as we get into the things that I've hoarded over the years as opposed to things that I used and never thought of.  Yesterday I sorted through my perle cotton thread.  OMG!  I had so much more than I had realized.  These threads have come wrapped around a paper tube. I can see them in their big plastic barrel sitting on the shelf, and the colours give me joy. So when sorting them, I kept a few, probably a few more than necessary, just to provide that spark of joy.  But twice as many went to the thrift store this morning. I spoke of the feeling of relief I felt in purging many of the items that have been around much too long.  But there are a couple of things that I hesitate to even touch because I know that I'll experience a mix of emotions, and probably regret at getting rid of them--such as my Zentangle supplies and samples.  And the Zentangles will probably be in today's "To Do" list.

Today was to be the meeting out in Lorette.  I had a big bag of yarn to take to the ladies there, as they all seem to be knitting or crocheting.  The weather has taken a turn for the worse--snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain all mixed together and with a healthy wind pushing it around.  David did not really want me out on the highway, I was reluctant myself, and not feeling any need to prove a point.  So after dropping a full car load off at the thrift store, and breakfast at Starbucks, I'm home in my nice warm house, with a lovely cup of coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment