Thursday, April 21, 2022

Life on a merry-go-round

 At least that's how it feels.  Yesterday started out when I woke up at 8:45, and realized that I had a Zoom meeting at 9:00, and didn't want to attend in my nightie.  After, it was rush, rush to get ready to leave for the craft group meeting in Lorette starting at 1:00.  I was wanting  to take a few things that I thought the ladies might be interested in, from my "purge".  They took about 1/2 the yarn, a crochet hook, and the best part of a 1lb package of fibre fill.  There was business to take care of relating to the craft show they are planning for the end of the month, but there was also a lot of friendly joking and more camaraderie.  There is one lady, just a few months younger than I, with whom I feel the beginning of a friendship.  We have run into each other a couple of times at other events, and both sew, so there is lots to talk about.

Today, we met with David's sister for lunch, but found the restaurant had changed its menu somewhat, and our lunch turned into a late brunch.  It's always a pleasure talking with Gail.  She had pictures of her new great-grand baby--now 6 months old, and expressed concern about her daughter's health ( the baby's aunt).

Thank Goodness we have nothing on tonight, as tomorrow is laundry day, but no underlays this week.  The forecast for the weekend is pretty well constant rain, meaning a lot of studio time, which means a lot of purge time.  Just have to be sure to take my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment