Sunday, April 24, 2022

Late night for a Saturday.

 Enjoyed the British shows on PBS, as usual and then took a shower.  During the evening we had been watching the growing pool of water  in the backyard, with mild concern.  Then, while David was thinking about his shower, I noticed the fellow across the back out in his yard with a flashlight checking the water level, and mentioned it to David.  He expressed concern about getting the frozen hose off the roller-bin, but planned to give it a try this morning.  I suggested that he might want to sort it out right away, so that it would be ready to go in the morning.  Next thing I know, he has the whole system up and running.  It pumped steadily, and we monitored, until about mid-night, when he shut it down for the night.  David was up before me this morning, and had the system going again, and it's still running.  He had a chance to speak with the neighbour across the back, who told him that they had been pumping all day yesterday, and were still at it.  While this is temporary for us, I know you have to be constantly vigilant, Beth.  It takes a tole on one's health, with both the worry and the lack of sleep.

Yesterday I baked a loaf of brown bread again, using a slightly different recipe. I discovered that the recipe I used last time, came in both an American and Canadian version.  Slightly different amounts of things like honey and molasses, but still in Imperial measure.  Go figure!  This time I used the Canadian recipe, but forgot to push the "start" button, and the start was delayed for about 2 1/2 hours.  The bread was overcooked, and not very nice, but it did come out of the oiled pan quite nicely.  I'll try the American version today.

Between bread making and watching the rain come down, run through our pump, and out the driveway, I have a full day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment