Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Early Wed morning...

 ...and as i sip my coffee I write a little note to keep my ball rolling and ensure the road of our communications goes both ways.  I just viewed your pictures on the Mouse Factory blog Pati and I like the touch of gold leaf as well. Very nice work, Now anxious to see what you have up your sleeve next.

I was able to do more outside cleanup yesterday as the day was sunny and according to forecast I may have a few more such days to work. I lay in bed last night going over all that has to be done to get ready for Winter and i ran out of time ...and energy! So i shall revise that list and do only what I need to do to be able to shovel snow and access what is needed to get through the winter. And then come Spring, see what mess has been left ...lots of fun. That pile of bricks still sits on the driveway where it was left after we made three, three hour trips to pick them up free this past summer, Nice to have free bricks but now there they sit. My usual shoveling routine for the winter will have to be revised....

Harry bought a "make your own" package of GumDrop Cake at the local Village Bin store yesterday...I made it up and it turned into a big disaster. You add the extra ingredients such as butter, eggs, flour etc but the kit has the raisin, cherries and of course the Gumdrops. They had to be sliced and I could not do it with my poor old hands so Harry had to take that job over. It took a long time to bake and it was still gooey so i got mad and left it on the counter and went to bed. I guess i will assess the damage this morning and see if it can be used in any part. i never did like gumdrops haha!

Last days of the month so I have been doing the bookwork and paying bills on line which I do not like to do but have no choice. Somehow I still have money left for groceries so I guess i cannot complain.... that won't last for long though. 

We have Thanksgiving next weekend and havd a turkey in the freezer ready to make. It has been a few years since we have had turkey so i am looking forward to it. There are also cranberries for me to make sauce which I love allover the turkey and dressing. My mouth is watering thinking about it now. What are you folks planning for the celebration?

Time to go and get ready for another day. Take care and be safe and wear your masks ...😉

No comments:

Post a Comment