Sunday, September 19, 2021

Looking at this coming weeks weather

 ...and all I see is rain, rain and more rain. I was hoping i could get more garden/yard work done but maybe i will have to stay in and do housework instead? I am thinking about my appt to the Eye Surgeon on Thursday and whether the Sx date will be immediately forthcoming as it was in Harry's case. I am not supposed to do heavy work after the Sx so wanted to get a lot done before. Time will tell i guess. But my primary focus will be on my eyes regardless. And I have been thinking about Hallowe'en as well -last year it was cancelled here because of Covid and i was really very pleased not to have to bag candy, and decorate and then hand out candy. Others on our street often just turn off their lights and not do anything each year, so for us it was a change but a nice change haha!

The next door neighbour came on Friday night from the Netherlands after been absent for two years due to the Covid. His wife stayed back but he flew over and plans to spend 3 weeks here. I guess he was anxious to see his home after so long. His brotherinlaw across the street (my deceased friend Ruth's husband) has been taking care of the house and yard best he can so I am pleased that this fellow has come to do the fall cleanup etc. The first thing I noticed was that he put up his flags on the front of the garage. Always has the Canadian and the Netherlands flags flying when they are in residence ( just like the Queen does when she goes to Windsor castle) I have not greeted him yet but will surely see him soon over the fence. I will miss the privacy we have when no one is living there but think i can manage for a few weeks haha!

Time for my coffee and get on with the day. Enjoy Election day and the results which may not be conclusive for a few days apparently. I think we may be in for some troublesome times ahead? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment