Sunday, September 5, 2021

Good Morning

 Good Sunday morning to you,

Woke up to rain this morning so we may postpone our regular early walk to the lake in South River with the dogs. I felt like sleeping in this morning as the night was long and boring again. I wonder how many times i can listen to the CBC radio news and hear the same reports hour after hour. 

I wanted to mention your news office chairs Pati as i was very impressed and a bit envious of you both. They look exceptional and I hope they are performing as well as you had hoped. Since i started to watch Time Team regularly, I have noticed my neck is becoming sore and stiff and I know it is the position I am in for extended periods and I know my ergonomics are all off . It is the computer chair and I have tried to adjust it a bit but it is an old chair and not much I can do with it. So I adjust my sitting and move around a lot so as to prevent the stationary position causing my pain. Although since yesterday was a bit of a down day for productivity, I had the opportunity to sit at the computer to watch not one but two episodes back to back in the afternoon. I do not feel too bad this morning actually haha!

We have Kale in the dehydrator going all weekend. Picking the plants, and cleaning and cutting and soaking in a brine and then into the machine. This time around Harry changed the ingredients of his brine and I must say the results are most delicious. I have also been trying to eat up all that candied ginger I made. One piece at a time!

It is becoming obvious that Fall is here for sure and the plants are in need of harvesting. No way will I cover up if the night temps dip to freezing so now I wonder what we shall do with all the tomatoes on the vine. We have some very big lovely looking ones but they need to ripen. I expect I may have trays and trays of them soon in the kitchen. or maybe I can convince someone that we could use one of the greenhouses short term? Who knows.

Now for my coffee and think about the day to come. Long weekend and yesterday there was a parade of sorts of four wheelers /ATVs (or whatever you wish to call them) going down the Street heading for the waterfront. There was some sort of gathering apparently as about two hours later up they came again. The trails head off into the bush in all directions up the hill from us and although we get a lot of traffic normally this was unusual. 

Take care, and by the sounds of the Covid situation both in Man and Ontario - be safe. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment