Thursday, September 30, 2021

Bulk Barn

We've tried several recipes from the Bulk Barn and none of them have turned out--not even enough to eat with a spoon before throwing out.  I remember a fruit cake recipe I tried.  Just the fruit alone cost over $20.00 per loaf, and it all went into the garbage.  I have to wonder how fresh the gumdrops were. If those suckers get dried out they're like rocks.

Yesterday was International Coffee day.  It was also the actual day that Starbucks celebrated their 50th birthday, and they were giving out free coffee to anyone who came in with their own re-usable mug.  Of course we had to take our travel mugs down and each get a cup of coffee, even if I was the one to drink both.  We were careful to ask if we could both get a cup as our cards are both linked to the same account, but they weren't even worrying about the cards.  Although they jokingly asked David if he was going to actually drink it.  We were parked right in front of the door and while getting into the car noticed a nun, in full traditional habit, going into the store.  Not something one sees every day.  We took a couple of minutes to get going, and saw her come out--carrying her free coffee in a McDonald's paper cup.  N'uff said.

Then we spent a good portion of the day sitting outside.  What a beautiful day for late September!  David is still puttering in the garden, everyday, mainly blowing and collecting leaves, but I had to force myself inside while I drafted a design for my new piece--the one that made me buy $80.00 worth of coloured pencils.  Now I've got a better idea of the size of the thing, I'm glad I bought so many pencils.  Next is to transfer the design onto fabric. 

Lastly, after watching The Masked Singer on tv ( we're addicted!) I hand washed dishes in the kitchen.  Yes, they've been accumulating over the past couple of days while we lollygagged outside.  (Oh My!  Spellcheck didn't question "lollygagged!  I'm shocked)  I just couldn't face that pile of dirty dishes in the morning, and getting up today I'm darn glad I did them.

Today promises to be another nice day, although we aren't expected to break any heat records as we did yesterday.  The previous record was set in 1897, so we can truthfully say we broke a 120 year record.  (Can you say "climate change"?)  Getting my design on fabric will require a couple of "hurry up and wait" steps, so I know I'll get some more time outside, even if I have to wear a sweater.    I just have to worry about supper.  And the forecast is for sitting outside every day this week. Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment