Thursday, September 16, 2021

Something new has been added

 Yes, David's new hat has arrived and he is pleased.  So pleased that we had to christen it, and went out last night.


Yesterday was a busy day. Our doctor's appointment at 6:00am went well, and we were out in time for a breakfast at Tim Hortons.  Then we did our weekly grocery shopping, and made it home in time for me to join the 9:00 Zoom meeting of my sketching group.  I left that at about 9:40 and took the computer downstairs and set everything up for the 10:00 zoom workshop on Milagros.  I learned that the word Milagro refers to small charms made out of wood or metal, in Mexico.  These are densely decorated with various people, animals, and birds.  The lady giving the workshop has taken some of these images and worked them so they could be added to white cotton. She then used these examples to teach us various ways to use Inktense pencils on textiles.  It was basically a workshop for that, and, boy,  did I ever learn a lot! I've been using the pencils for several years, but had no idea of the potential they have.  I have made several examples, but they will not be truly finished until tomorrow, and I will take pictures then.

At first I had thought that I might be exhausted after such  a day, but I feel pretty good today.  I have expect that the crash will come tomorrow.  Well, all that's scheduled is the laundry, and I should be able to deal with that, no matter how I feel

My fingers have stopped dancing, as the nail polish started to chip, and I took it off.  At first I had no luck, but David and I took the time to figure out how long it had been in the cupboard, threw it out, and  went out and bought more.

We have nothing more scheduled until a week Saturday.  I'm finding the sudden return to "normal" exhausting.  I've been wishing for a return to the time I spent in my house, doing what I want.  It appears that I'll have a week of just that.  I wonder how long it will take for me to be starting to want to be getting out again.  LOL😉  But, if nothing else it may give me enough time to do a few chores, and get a good start on a new studio piece.  Lately, various chores have been written into my BuJo with a "complete by" date.  It appears to be working.  David is even learning to check there for chores, although he usually asks me to check.

So, supper is over, so I may just change into my nightie, and fool around on the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment