Thursday, September 2, 2021

Today's Mis-adventure


David's sister Gail, has just told us that she has her first great-grand child, a little boy, William.  This is also her daughter Lyala's first grand child.

Of course, yesterday I delivered 8 charity quilts, all the right size for a small child.  I could have kept one behind as a gift, and no-one would have known. Darn! Now I have to make another.

Early this morning, David found a Staples flyer, that not only had my favourite pens on sale, but also rolling desk chairs, like the one that's been in my studio for about 10 years. I didn't think too much about it, until he asked later if we were going to Staples or not.  It was a zoo, but we finally found someone to talk to.  The chair on sale just wasn't comfortable for me, so I started looking around for something different, as did David, but he kept returning to the first one we had seen.  I came to realize that we were going to buy two chairs instead of one.  It took awhile to find chairs and they came in boxes, so we agreed to pay for assembly, paid, and went for coffee as the clerk said that normally they could have it done in 20 minutes, but the crowd meant if would take a little longer..  So we and made sure they had our cell shone number to call us when the chairs were ready.  We got out to the car and David turns to me and says " I didn't realize we were going to buy a chair for you".  I gulped and turned to him and said "I didn't realize we were buying a chair for you!".   There was a minute of shocked silence, and then we both looked at each other, and just shook our heads.  So we each have a new chair.  David's is a better, more expensive chair than mine, but on sale.  I'm happy with my chair, which evidently has a leather seat.  Regardless, the prices were within $10 of each other.

David's new chair in his computer room.

And mine in the studio by the sewing machine.
My old chair is out in the garage, but David's old chair is now in my studio, by the work table.  It just may be quite useful there.

And since David went to pick both of them up ( two trips), and then was faced with carrying chairs up and down the basement stairs, he is relaxing beside me, drinking brandy in hot chocolate.  I just sniff and feel envious, although I do have a bit of brandy and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment