Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Bad me....

 The best thing about Hallowe'en is to be eating the leftovers the night after.. that would be tonight, and sure enough I have a pile of little choc bars sitting on the table top as I type my message. 😃 But it will be my problem in a hour or two as I go to bed and wonder why I have heartburn haha! Then it will have been a stupid idea, but now, it is just fine by me. Head count for last evening was 61 (total bags prepared, minus the number of leftover bags equals total number of bags handed out one to each customer) It is a science after all....

Today we went shopping to Huntsville in hopes of capturing leftover goodies on sale. Where do they all go overnight - back to the factory? The only thing Harry could find were boxes and boxes of Old Dutch potato chips in little bags 45 to a big box and the box was on sale for $5.47 at Walmart. Beggars can't be choosers or so they say... I would have left the box on the shelf, and been happy with my little leftover choc bars.

Still trying to clean up outside and if lucky I may just beat the snow, or maybe if it does snow soon, I would be happy that i cannot do anymore outside. Catch 22 I guess. But I must say that these wonderful warm sunny days are glorious and the dogs and I love to take advantage and go for long walks and sniff all along the way ( the dogs, not me) They love to get out. I fear for when it gets colder and snowy and their poor feet and bodies will be chilled in spite of a sweater put on before leaving the house.

So now it is November and as I look at the calendar I have several appt to keep such as Dentist for two fillings, and Flu Vaccination Clinic for that shot.

Well, time to close up for the night - just a few bills to pay on line before I do that though. This will be the last of the bills and if lucky I just may have some money left to get us through the rest of the month. 

Hope all is well with your folks...take care and be safe. Pati you are right - it is a jungle out there. Do not take any chances. Wear a mask!!! Thinking of you ...👀👌

No comments:

Post a Comment