Saturday, November 19, 2022

it just so happens----

David tried the socks on.  They fit quite nicely and are now part of his sock wardrobe. Fortunately, they can't be seen when he wears his boots.

Quiet times now.  Out Thursday to take David to DH.  He only has two more weeks, and then they send a report to our doctor, but offer nothing to us.  Spent my "respite" time catching up with housework, and then it was laundry on Friday.  I had a few minutes to play with the stencils I bought, but so far have been a little disappointed with the result.

Given how very busy the days were leading up to the craft sale, yesterday and the pending weekend, appear to be casual relaxing times. Of course David has a football game on Sunday, and that may allow me a stretch of quiet time in the studio, or reading.  After the way we managed during Covid, I now treasure quiet time at home, even if I just drink tea and read a book.  Although there is always the option of drinking whiskey.  I've never liked whiskey, but I've probably never had whiskey, after determining that I did not like Rye. (Don't ask.  That's another mis-spent youth story for my memoirs)

So, time to put the kettle on and get back to my newspaper.  Definitely a Saturday morning tradition around here, and one I look forward to all week. Staying at home is one way to stay safe, even if it can't be maintained for the long run--or maybe it can?

No comments:

Post a Comment