Monday, November 7, 2022

Happy to see your review...

 Glad to read your synopsis of the Concert with Randy Bachman. I so enjoyed listening to his show on CBC for years before they cancelled it. I loved his stories and it always brought me back to our early days in Winnipeg. And in the Free Press today they have a picture of him with what I presume is his long lost guitar which he must have shown at the Concert. One of my favourite songs is Prairie Town which he sings along with Neil Young all about Winnipeg ..."Portage and Main 50 below" in the lyrics remembering the sign atop the streets at the corner of said streets which gave the time and temperatures. I was never much into his time with BTO but some of those songs are nice as well.  So what will you do for an encore Pati - any future Concerts to think about?

It appears that your areas are seeing the snow now - Cathy your weather indicates same and yet Wpg suggests "not quite yet? Is that true?  The end of this week indicates some wet snow or flurries for here but that always changes and I am hopeful it will. Although I have done just about all I can do for outside to prepare for the winters snow. I have the shovels out and the sand bags ready and the driveway and a few paths clear although I have some leaves to move yet. The winds have been very strong these past few days and I see where my neatly arranged piles of leaves out of the way have now blown in all directions so there is some work left to rectify that.

I had to do some sewing yesterday to shorten a pair of Harry's slacks. Actually i made a mistake the previous day in making them too short with hand sewing so to cover up and make them a bit longer I had to use the sewing machine to do a very small tight seam at the bottom. It has been sometime since I enjoyed using my machine and once again that old feeling of "...i wish I could sew more.." came back to me. I had great difficulty with this project and made mistakes that required some seam ripping and then the needle broke and had to get the book out to figure that out. All is all a real disaster but ..eh. live with it.. haha!

We get our flu vaccines on Wed at the PHU clinic and hoping the line up will not be too long - runs from 3 to 6 pm at the arena but usually these PHU clinics are very well organized so I anticipate no issues.

Love hearing about your days and adventures Cathy and Pati. Keeps me connected with you. Take care all... be safe. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment