Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dominoes

As I get older, I find my body acting like a row of dominoes.  Fixing one thing, causes a reaction in another.  My doctor suggested arch supports as a way of reducing foot pain--and it did.  But the change in my gait pattern is now causing very painful hips, and very poor sleep.  So--in an effort to make lemonade out of lemons--today I had a massage.  She concentrated on my hips, and now  they feel comfortably worked over, but the basic pain is lessened, and I feel good.  Gosh, maybe I need to have a massage more often!

Today is my last free day to work in the studio, but David is Gung Ho to get onto the "To Do" lists. Since they are just in my head, at this point, I still have a little control, but I've promised to get them written down for tomorrow morning.  I promise you, moving huge paving stones isn't going to be on the list.  Not in this heat.  ( Who am I fooling?  Not on any list--ever!)  Still, I can understand the thrill of the hunt--almost like a treasure hunt to find free, or almost free, stuff, especially if you actually need it.

The forecast is for another week of the high temperatures.  We're fine, but planning meals is becoming a challenge.  Yesterday, we felt we needed an adventure, so David suggested that we drive out to Deacon's Corner for onion rings.  Well, it was after 4:00 when we got there, so we each had a Momma Burger and a medium mug of root beer, to go with the onion rings.  The total was over $19.00.  When did food get so expensive?   Good thing I had $20.00 that I had won on a Lotto Max ticket--our biggest win in years.  Today we bought a grocery store B-B-Q chicken, in hopes of it lasting through tomorrow as well.  Those suckers are getting smaller.  I can remember feeding four of us with one, but not now.

Today I'm grateful for Blue Cross covering most of the cost of massage therapy, and I'm grateful for a basement studio that stays pleasantly cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment