Monday, July 2, 2012

Watching your hot weather

The weather forecast on the news tells me all about the hot weather and potential storm making weather coming from Manitoba over next day or two - so I can tell what we shall be having here by reading your comments as well. Trying to keep up with the watering in the garden is a full time job without any precipitation for a long time. We keep running the pump to fill the barrels and by some miracle, we still have water in the well to fill all our water needs. Hope it stays that way !!
I cannot seem to kick this damn stomach thing but trying to eat what I can which lately has been salads - this seems to satisfy me and keep things running smoothly. What really feels good is a nice hot cup of chai tea so I have been drinking that a lot - it's also good to quench the thirst when I am outside and working in the hot sun and heat so I guess it is true that a "good cup of hot tea is the panacea for all that ails you" I was listening to a CBC radio show the other day about overutilizination of metaphors, and words or saying put into parenthesis all the time. I am quilty of both so I shall be trying not to use them so much. Harry got a GPS at a garage sale last week and I have tried to program it in and use it with some difficulty - he thought it would be good for my trip. Last night Mike and his girlfriend surprised us with a quick visit into Sundridge on their way from NewMarket to North Bay and I mentioned it to him as he uses his GPS all the time. He said it probably wasn't telling me the right info because the highway has all changed with the new four laning and that the GPS's need to be upgraded by going on the computer and getting the newest programs programmed into the GPS. So now I don't know what to do about it - MIke said he would help if I brought it there one day but I'll have to see. I've always been really close to my paper maps haha Well, tomorrow it is another trip to North Bay ( it is Tuesday, after all!!!) so I better get ready for bed and get things organized for shopping. I always make out an itinerary so I don't forget any stops we have to make, and already it is getting far too full. I haven't even looked at the flyers yet for grocery shopping but that always seems to get done regardless. And besides, my appetite has been scarce lately so I won't want to buy much anyway. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment