Sunday, July 8, 2012

still warm

We spent most of the day inside, away from the heat, but, this evening, I went outside with  my book after supper.  It was absolutely beautiful.  The one perfect day that we wait for all year long.  The long range forecast is for high tempertures for the next week.  We do very little in the heat.  Quiet times for both of us, which means there is nothing exciting to report on.
We do sometimes get out on the bikes, if we are up and ready early enough to escape the heat.  I continue to do my dyeing, and remain as excited about it as I was at the beginning.  I have finished the quilting on my first piece, but there are now two more in line for attention.   I have set a deadline of Tuesday to finish up everything in the studio, that I want to take to Pinawa.  We want to have everything priced, packed and ready to go before Beth gets here.

A couple opf days ago, there was mention on one of my internet groups, about how the birds suffer inthe ehat, if there is no ready source of water.  About the same time David read a plea in the newspaper to keep the bird baths full of clean water, changing it every day, so this is what we've been doing.  In other years we've been asked not to keep water in any containers, for fear it will breed mosquitoes. Now we spend  lot of time watching the fun out there.  We must have the cleanest birds in town.

So, for today, I'm grateful for beautiful summer days and birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment