Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hot here too

We don't usually like to have the A/C on but it's been on since we got up this morning. I've been dyeing and set up my drying rack outside. Things were drying in about half an hour, much faster than normal, so I got a lot done today.

Friday we finally got new tires for the car.  We've known for awhile that we needed them, but this trip to the States forced the issue.  David had to leave the car to have them put on and an alignment done, so he took his bike and rode home in the heat, then reversed the trip when the car was ready.  Since this was in the afternoon, I was concerned abbut him working so hard in the heat. Yesterday we took it out on the highway and everything seems to be working okay.  I had to go out to Selkirk to pick up the two pictures I had in the gallery there, as I want to take them to the sale in Pinawa. I have more stuff than I expected, so, one day soon, will have to sit down, price everything, and draw up an inventory. I always dream of selling a lot of it, but I don't really expect much from this sale.

Tomorrow, being a holiday, my Ravenesque group will be getting together. When we have these all day events, people are free to do whatever they want,  but I usually end up doing whatever is the theme for the day.  Tomorrow we are stamping, but I have other stuff to do, and no real interest in the stamping,so have packed two bags, one with my stamping stuff and the other with the stuff  I really want to work on.  I hate it when I have to pack half of the studio, but one wants to be seen as a positive part of the group.

I laugh when you say I have my grocery shopping under control.  Yeah, we do one big shopping every month and then try to stay away from the store, because you always spend more than you anticipate--every time you go into the damn store.  But we often end up doing small shoppings during the month, especially for perishables like milk and fruit. And bread is only bought on Tuesday, to take advantage of seniors' discounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment