Saturday, July 14, 2012

Is it the heat or am I just really lazy?

I have done nothing all week but go to work and come home and sit.  Today, Jim & Kellie went to the parade in Minnedosa.  I was going to go, but I really needed to do some work around the house.  My 12:20pm I was so hot and sweaty that I quit.  At least I got something done.  I would have put on the dishwasher but it really heats up the house.  While puttering in my office I found my license renewal.  Seems I have been driving illegally all month.  I guess I better do something about that.  The Neepawa Lily Festival is next weekend.  I will go to that parade.  It might even cool down a bit by then.  They are talking about highs of only 26 or 27 next week.  We finally got some rain yesterday.  Unfortunately it all fell in about 20 minutes!  The 20 minutes that I had to go to the bank.  I ran for the truck, jumped in, and said oh "darn!": I seem to have left my window down.  My pants were soaked!  It was raining so hard that the rest of me matched my pants just from the run to and from the truck.  When I got back to work the door had blown shut, so I used the car phone to call the office to unlock the door for me.  The rain was pounding so hard on the roof that OnStar could not understand the number.  It kept putting extra 1s & 9s in.  Eventually I got through. Tomorrow Rodney & Kristy invited us on a quad ride, but I told Jim I would only go if there was a new seat on the quad.  He never got one, so I guess I stay home.  Do you think it was deliberate?  It would actually be nice to have another day at home.  Next week will be busy with meetings and working meat draw and other stuff.  Enjoy your week.  See you very very soon Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment