Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heat

yesterday it rained so was both hot and humid, but today we had winds ( Strong enough that I can't say 'breeze"), so it was nice enough to sit outside for a bit.   I have spent the last few days in the studio trying to finish a piece to take to Pinawa.  If I can't get it finished, it will still be something to work on while we're there.

Got my haircut yesterday.  Went back to the hairdresser in the mall across the street. I had left them over a year ago because I kept getting the same lady, who kept giving me horrible haircuts.  They must have thought I was crazy, because I looked in through the window before going in to check to see if she was there.  She wasn't, and there was an entirely new lady who told me that they had changed personnel last November.  This new lady gave me exactly the haircut I asked for.  Now I need to see if it was really what I wanted.

Yesterday, I had a craving for--hold your breath--jello?!!??  David went out to buy us a bagged salad for supper, and picked me up one of those pre-packaged jellos containing fruit ( at least it says it contains fruit.  I guess that's their story and they're sticking to it!)  It was exactly what I wanted. Had a little more of it for lunch today, and there is still enough left for tomorrow.

David decided that today was the day to pick the Nanking cherries.  We now have enough juice for about 3 batches of jelly, so tomorrow, when it's up to 30 again, we're making jelly.

Yes, time to start counting the days.  I made an appointment for a manicure and pedicure while we're in Mahnomen, but knew better than to make one for you, Beth.  I could have made it for a pedicure and massage for a little bit more, and would have got a "gift basket of salon products".  Then I remembered that we would be in the car together for several hours immediately after, and the smell would probably make us all sick. And the "salon product" would probalby be pretty smelly as well.  So, I have a massage scheduled for next Tuesday, and since it's here, Blue Cross will pay for it.  Win-Win!  I haven't had a massage since I broke my shoulder, but have a hip that's giving me grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment