Thursday, July 26, 2012

Quiet day--NOT!

David took the car in  this morning and the problems are minor--thank Goodness.  They think that the water was caused by a blocked outlet for the A/C.  But the writing is on the  wall, so we spent some time looking at new cars. The last two we bought were year old, but David is determined that it will be a new one this time.  We also spent some time looking for a regular bed to replace the waterbed.  I think we must be the last people inWinnipeg using a waterbed!  Not really or we wouldn't be able to buy sheets anywhere local, I guess.  We really only need to buy a mattess that can be fitted into the waterbed frame, and I think we've tracked one down. All of the climbing on and off beds wasn't easy with my sore back, but by late afternoon, I realized that I was no longer experiencing the sudden excrushiating pain on movement and was just experiencing darn sore back muscles, from hip to shoulder.  David tells me that back pain can come and go like that.

This evening we were off to see Loren at the fringe.  The play was a little "fring-y", and the reviews were not great, but it was a kick to see him on stage.  And his part was bigger than he had let us think.  Afterward he introduced us to the author, and I just couldn't compliment her on her writing.  I just couldn't do it!

I hope you are having a ball, up in the wilds of Neepawa, and not having to fight off the hoards of Hutterites for the pool.  For myself, I'm just very grateful that the weather has broken, and it might be cool enough to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment