Tuesday, July 10, 2012

For the time being I'm OK with signing in...

But as you know last year I had some terrible times trying to get on and figured out a back door way through e-mail for awhile. For some reason when the blog format changed I was able to get on the usual way by entering my e-mail address and password and so far I've been OK. Now having said that, time will tell. I intend to delete the blog from my favourites list before I leave on my trip so it may be that after I return and try to get onto the blog site again I may be presented with some issues. I'll worry about that at the time. There was just an item on the news about the increase in seniors using social network sites to communicate with friends and learning to navigate the computer and internet and skype etc with little troubles apparently for the highlighted 85 year olds in the story. Research at the University level is trying to develop new ways to help Seniors such as huge icons of an envelope on the screen that they just touch and new emails come up, or similar icons that are user freindly for visually impaired users. I wonder what it will be like when I'm 85 years old and trying to send you folks a message. Who knows what other tricky software will be in place then.
So nothing much new here to relate other than struggling with the watering and gardening. Harry got free cement blocks (eight large and 36 small) off of Kijiji and so we had to make two trips to North Bay on Sunday to pick them up. Monday we laid them in the garden - each large block is 24"X24" and heavy enough that I cannot lift one by myself. We piled them at the back driveway when we made the delivery trips, and then used a heavy duty wagon we have to wheel them one by one over to the garden to lay. The smaller blocks are 18 X10 and heavy enough that I could only lift and carry one at a time.We are not finished yet as there are many more smaller blocks to move but they are also just fine right now piled in the back driveway haha. I have a hair cut appointment scheduled for Thursday to trim off some hair - amazing how much it has grown since I had my permanent in early June so needs a bit of a trim to look decent for the trip. tomorrow we go to Mothers again to do more garden work and also to air out the house a bit - Harry got a call from the real estate lady to say the buyers and an electrician are coming in on Friday to assess the wiring and estimate the cost to change it over completely because it is aluminum throughout. We knew this and I am sure that the initial inspection indicated the same to them but regardless they bought the house. Same for the roof - they know they have to replace the house shingles - we did the garage last summer so they are new. Anyway, time to fill the water barrels ( four large barrels all connected with hoses) and then to bed. I finished my Templar novel the other night and will not be starting a new book until my trip. I might try to see if I can buy the next two books in this trilogy when I'm in Winnipeg - I'm sure there is a book store somewhere in Winnipeg where I could search !!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment