Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A drive in the country

On the weekend, I received a phone call telling me that more of my zipper purses had sold in the gallery in Selkirk, and would I please take out some more.  So soon after breakfast, we headed out.  Delivered the purses, and had a nice chat with a man working in the gallery.  He makes pens and knives with sheathes. He told us about the processes he uses, and how he has had to develop some of his own tools, having them made by a local metal shop.  We laughed when he said that the machinist looks forward to him coming in, as it's usually somewhat of a challenge for him to produce what the artist designed.  It's also good for apprentices to have to work on unusual items that they may never see again.  I'm thinking it is good for the apprentice to observe the whole process from design to manufacture, to use.

Since I'm going to be the driver for awhile, it was good for me to get some practice in highway winter driving, as well.  It looks like I'll be driving, when we head for Neepawa on the 5th.

Friday evening, there is a volunteer appreciation dinner for the volunteers in the gallery.  Today, we tried on various bits of clothing to see if either of us had anything appropriate to wear.  It was good to hear, while out in the gallery,  that the dress would likely to be dressy casual, because neither of us pwns any sort of dressy clothing. A few days ago, knowing this was coming up, I tried on the outfit I wore to Amber's wedding, in the remote chance it might fit.  No.  When I stood up the trousers fell down.  I've held onto it all these years, "just in case", but sadly, it went to  the thrift store with a large bag we delivered on our way out today.  I had thought that one day I might take to a second hand store, that deals in large sizes.  But the darn thing went out of business.

Yesterday, my Tuesday Stitchers came over, but, unfortunately, only three of us were there.  We seem to "carry on", despite our low numbers, but I have to wonder if there is much future to the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment