Monday, February 12, 2018

Starbucks anyone?

Good to hear about your critique day Pati but not so good to hear about the other issues. Thinking of Dave, and also how he was able to circumvent your electrical issue. 
I am sitting here early sipping on a Starbucks coffee - just had to brag a little! We went to Mike's yesterday and drove into Sudbury to visit the Costco Store. Harry previously got a gift certificate off kijiji towards the purchase of a membership so we decided to try it. There is a store just opened in Orillia about 1 1/2 hours south of here and of course one in Sudbury.  Mike found a big bag of Starbucks Pikes Place whole beans and asked if I wanted to share it (knowing how much I like to make bean coffee same as him). So I brought a zip lock bag home and just now made a pot in the Bodum. It is very tasty, I must say!
This morning it is snow shoveling for me - another storm came through yesterday ( bad drive home from Mike's) so it it piled high. I'll wait until the snow plow goes by and then get at it. Also yesterday the car gave a warning message that it was time for an oil change. Checking the menu on the dash it indicated we were down to 5 % which did not seem right but nevertheless I shall call for an appointment this morning.  And I expect that more greenhouse work is in store.
We have one new budgie chick hatched - there are more eggs but never know if they will all be fertile and hatch.
Well, here's to another week. See that there is a weather warning in Man for cold temps and I sure hope that will not move here anytime soon. I can't imagine more cold nights and trying to keep the greenhouse warm.  I received a message from my friend Sue about getting together for our annual Spring luncheon together, I can look forward to that and this may distract me from the current conditions haha   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment