Thursday, February 22, 2018

Where to start?

If I don't write regularly then I find it hard to get started - it has been a few days since writing and those few days have been less than stellar. The rain, the shoveling the setting up the pump to keep up, the water coming in the basement - what else could happen? Well, I did not remove the pump overnight for fear of needing it and of course, the temps dropped and now it is frozen into the sidewalk. I cannot force it, so will have to wait for it to melt, or maybe a bit of hot water around its base?  Time will tell.
We went to Huntsville today and then I worked at cleaning out the big greenhouse as Harry has decided it will be heated up tomorrow. It means some fancy work to move electrical cords from one to the other. I had a little chuckle while outside this afternoon and thinking of what I shall do - I thought of Dave and the saga of your electrical issues Pati and I could picture him in my mind running around the house pulling cords along after him. So you can now picture me tomorrow dragging cords around the yard - and then having to tape up all the holes and other areas where heat can escape.  One of the roof windows in the big greenhouse broke some time in the last week and when I entered this afternoon found the broken shards all over - so that was my first task - to pick up all the pieces before I could do more.  
Time to put the birds to bed - there are three little chicks in total born to this last batch and it is very interesting to see how fast they grow and develop. Harry has already bought another cage in anticipation of needing to transfer the new birds once they are ready.    
Hope all is well with you folks. I am eating a bag of potato chips while I write this - this is my supper! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment