Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Another sign of pending spring?

Got up this morning and my first task is usually turning up the thermostat. I discovered that the temperature in the house didn't get cold enough to turn the furnace on during the night. It's been warm enough that I've even worn my light spring jacket, a couple of times. But--it's messy--using a lot of washer fluid. There is hope for spring!

Went shopping for fabric yesterday.  There was a 50%off sale at Fabricland, and I was looking for fabric to dye, as well as backings for the charity quilts and larger pieces that I'm making.  Well imagine my shock when, on my way to the cash register, I realized that the most important and expensive  of the fabrics I had had cut wasn't on sale.  The piece was large enough that I probably could have taken it back, but it had been the main reason I had gone.   Glad I had a credit card with me, but now I'm going to spend the next 5 months paying it off.  Guess I need to sell some art--in a hurry. 

Yesterday was quiet ( other than the trip to Fabricland), and we were anticipating a couple of quiet days, but got an e-mail from Gillian, inviting us to a birthday dinner for Loren tonight. (Red Lobster) I've got a coffee date with Gail, this afternoon, and the hydro is coming to change our meter, also this afternoon.  I have about an hour's work in the studio to totally finish the things I need for the sale the first of April, and can then start on the various art pieces that have been plaguing my mind.  I think that everything that has been going on has affected my subconscious thinking, and maybe given more realization of my own mortality. More consciously,  I've come to realize that my studio time is not infinite, and that if I have any hope of accomplishing the things I want to do,  I'm going to have to work like a fiend.  I also know this is neither healthy nor realistic, and may include a fair percentage of escapism.  This internal struggle is sucking a lot of my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment