Sunday, February 25, 2018

Treacherous underfoot

Right you are Pati - we do tend to worry about nothing but then we don't know that it is nothing until it happens! So there is a profound statement for so early in the morning....
With all the melting and freezing episodes lately and now freezing rain this morning, it is too darn treacherous to be walking outside. I just had the dog out and felt like I was taking my life in my hands, or that should be with each step. Sometimes I carry the shovel to use as a cane of sorts just to take one solid step after another.  I did fall in the back yard the other day in spite of my careful navigation and sanding and throwing snow along the paths - but then I was carrying a ladder under one arm and I guess not too balanced haha!
Both greenhouses are now up and running with heaters in each trying to maintain the temperature to a nice warm plant growing atmosphere. I cover the door areas from outside with blankets to try to keep the heat in as much as possible during the colder nights. And hope for sun during day to heat it up more. I have no idea what the long range forecast is but always hopeful that there will not be any more deep cold spells.  I have the two propane tanks filled and ready but with all my heart wish not to have to use them. The good part of this current strange weather phenomenon is that the snow is starting to melt away nicely. 
But March is afoot and that always brings a smile as I know there is reason to soon celebrate a return of Spring and then Summer.
So wishing you all a happy day. Hope you will watch the Olympic Closing ceremonies on TV. Canada did well inspite of some upsets. I believe I shall miss viewing the Google Winter Sports Doodles that I have so enjoyed these last few weeks. I looked forward to logging on each morning to see the latest.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment