Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Turkeys

Just picked up three big turkeys from someone in town with the Lions Club.  Harry volunteered to cook the turkeys ànd slice and  make the gravy on Saturday for the Clubs Annual Wild Game Dinner. They are frozen thank goodness so I have them in a rubbermaid container outside - they should be ok there until we need to thaw them. Then I need to deal with making some room inside. I will let Harry deal with the cooking and slicing into the chaffing pans although I know I will have a role to play. We deliver the sliced meat and gravy at 5.30 pm on Saturday evening to the Arena for the Dinner at 6 pm.  Exciting isn`t it!   
Otherwise same old same old here. Lots of plants and garden things to do.  I ordered a put together yourself big shelf unit from the hardware and I picked it up today. I have it in pieces downstairs and my hope is to make some room to erect it and eventually start to organize some stuff.  I think i was a bit premature in moving boxes from the floor down there in the wash room and cleaning up water from the rain seepage last week - it is supposed to rain again the next day or so and already there is pooling around the outside from the melting today as the temp was above zero.  
I agreed to complete a survey for a week on what TV we watch. A lady called two weeks ago and asked. I stated quite clearly that we do NOT watch TV but she said this information would also be useful for the survey. I don`t know how ìt will be useful, but I`ll fill it in each day and check off that I ``did not watch TV today ``.
Now time to close up for the night. Listened to the Federal budget on the radio and didn`t get much out of it that will be useful for us. Maybe the proposed Pharmacare if it ever arrives.  
Take care   

No comments:

Post a Comment