Friday, September 28, 2018

and on to Friday

David's other pair of glasses arrived yesterday, so it was off again down town to pick them up.  The lady in the shop must have heard me complain about having to pay $3.75 for parking for 10 minutes in the building, because this time the parking was taken care of.  He sees much better with them, and I think he's happy he got them.

Yesterday, and again today there was definitely the "smell" of snow in the air, and even a couple of flakes this afternoon.  I think you've already had a bit , Cathy? So an appointment was made to have the tires changed, next Tuesday morning.  Then David was out to the garage to start re-arranging everything for winter. First he gave the grass one last cut, more to pick up the leaves than to actually cut the grass.  We have yard refuse pick up on Monday.  Good timing.  Once that was done, the whole garage had to be re-arranged so that the lawn mower is hidden in the back corner, the lawn furniture is packed around it, and there is space for the snow bower at the front of the building, ready for use.  This is an all day job.  Then he got the snow tires out ready for Tuesday.  I think he'll sleep well tonight.  He wants to change the way he stores the ties, but that will be a job for tomorrow.

I've been down in the studio, drafting a quilting pattern for an embroidered tablecloth I found at the thrift store.  This is both practice and preparation for the booth I'll have at a craft show in December.  I feel I owe my friends a bit of effort in presenting a decent booth, but don't have enough stock.  Since I know there is really no point in making any, I plan to offer something new--taking precious old hand embroidered linens, and turning them into decorative items.  For a respectable price, of course.  This is actually something I've wanted to try for awhile ( years).  I've taken a couple of internet courses on it, and experimented a bit, but it's all far more to amuse myself, than done with any expectation of making money at it.

It was nice to see the picture of you and your friends, Beth.  Do I take it, from your comments, that maybe you had to drive yourself, that day? Still, it would be nice to get dressed in something other than jeans, and enjoy their company, as well as let them enjoy yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment