Tuesday, September 4, 2018

That Woman!!!

Yesterday, in the studio, she took a full container of very small seed beads and flung it across the work table.  Beads everywhere.  Tried to say that she didn't realize that the lid wasn't on.  She was the one who had pulled all the bead containers out and re-arranged them.  I was the one who had to clean it up!  If she's going to keep going down there she better start keeping her mind on the job!

Yesterday, while David was watching the afternoon football game,  I took my book and headed for Starbucks.  It was busy, and knowing my drink takes a few minutes to make, I sat down to read.  Seemed as though my drink was taking much longer than usual, and they noticed me looking for it.  One barista came over and quietly said that the other had forgotten the drink, given the rush, and was making another one.  This second one was delivered with apologies.  It was hot!  The hottest coffee I've ever had there.  And it was good.  I've discovered that I really like them warmer than  I usually find them after taking them home in the car, to drink in the back yard.

I started my Diclofenac again, on Sunday.  I take it for two weeks and then don't take it for two weeks.  It's noticeable that my thinking is clearer and my creativity stronger when I take it.  For several weeks I've been struggling to figure out what I'm going to do with a bunch of strips of fabric I have in the studio. Yesterday, an idea came to me. and I started working on something that excites me.  It's a wonderful feeling when this happens.

Figuring it was about time to start the "To Do" list for Beth's visit, I sat down with pen in hand, and came up with two things. Two things!?  How can this be?  Well, there are just two things to do to prepare for Beth's visit.  I think I can handle that, although I may make David responsible for buying paper plates.  I can joke about it, but this may be an indication of how much more time I have for housework, when  studio time is limited.

Lately, I've been reading the Hugo Marston series by Mark Pryor.  The first book is "The Bookseller", and they are best read in sequence, although that's not necessary.  Everything takes place in Europe, mainly /France/Paris.  They are basically police procedurals, but with a twist.  I recommend them.

Well, onto the day.  We're going to lower the work table in the studio.  When we do a lot of cutting, we've found it much easier on the back to have it higher. But we aren't cutting now, and I find it very uncomfortable to sit, to work, on a stool. My feet rest on the bars at the bottom of the stool and lately I've been having severe foot cramps.  I think I've figured out why.

No comments:

Post a Comment