Thursday, September 6, 2018

Breaking News - Bad but then Good!

Bad: Just go the mail and in the mail was a Subpoena for me for  Jury Duty! I panicked. What date? Will this interfere with my trip plans? How will I manage if so? How depressed I am. Then I read the entire letter.

Good: I must report to Parry Sound Court House (1 1/2 hours west) at 9 am on October 22. OK, I have relaxed again. All is well!
I am not pleased but I had to attend before several years ago when I was working but got the day off with pay - after spending the entire day in Court we were finally released (not needed apparently) and each given cash money for mileage.  Of course I may be chosen, in which case my life ceases for months!

We went to South River this morning for 9 am for the Grand Opening of the new grocery store Freshmart. In April the Foodland closed suddenly and left the town without any grocery store. After a bit, it was announced that arrangements had been made with this new store. We found the prices rather high but bought a few things just to be supportive. Time will tell if things will be better. We always shopped at the Foodland in South River when it was there, but then had no choice but to go to the one in Sundridge which no one seems to like. This is why we now go to Huntsville to shop.

Then I had to go to the Dealership because a warning sign was on about the tires. It turned out to be a sensor that had to be replaced ( no longer under warranty) - and I got out of there $163.00 lighter. Not a good time for repairs when I am planning for my "get away".

On with my day.........hope I do not get any more surprises today.

No comments:

Post a Comment