Saturday, September 29, 2018

Too early for snow....

Yes, I too, can feel it in the air but for me it is far too early especially when you see this yard. To compound the issue is the getting rid of the ice hut and trailer. Harry started the cleanup while I was in Gravenhurst - so yes, I did have the drive there on my own. Brought back lots of memories of when I actually had to drive there for work. But the area is gorgeous - the leaves are not quite glorious yet though, but enough have changed to make it picturesque.  This little tea room is situated on the edge of Lake Muskoka and the old steamer cruise ships dock. As we sat by the window the Sequin ( historic steam cruiser) came into port from a passenger cruise -and there was another line up of tourists ready to board for another.
Yesterday I was out in the "mist" - not quite a downpour but enough to get wettish, and cleaning all around the ice hut. Years of needles and pine cones and dirt and garbage haha! Now we only have to clean out the inside which in my opinion will be the worse. I mentioned that Harry ordered another "shed in a box" Wednesday with a delivery of 1-2 weeks. Yesterday morning the delivery truck came and deposited a huge heavy box at the front of our place. I was shocked it came so fast, but maybe OK since we can now make plans to set it up, and maybe I will have a chance to read and absorb the instructions before the actual process starts? But none of this can occur until the ice hut is made ready for pickup and actually disappears from our yard as the new shed will have to go in the place vacated by the hut - ie in the back driveway.
Pati it was nice to read about your show in Pinawa being extended and I too, think that is a positive and compliment for you and Gail. But perhaps means more planning for the exchange of items as you have another's to take and pickup as well, right? And since I saw the raw tablecloth that you mentioned you are working on, I will be so interested to see the transformation that you have imagined....and the old doilies and handkerchiefs you have begun. Is it good to get your mind and hands active?
Well, I have spinach scramble ready for my breakfast to day and I had cottage cheese/almonds on rye yesterday, so enjoying the recipes and ideas from the 20/20 that you shared with me Pati. Cathy it was fun to see the actual meals prepared and consumed while I was at Pati's. Did you ever come across that Dr Phil book yet -think you read, it did you?
So to follow Pati's theme of "so it is Friday" I shall say "so it is Saturday" and lots on my to do list, including the birds. The little chick I have been nursing is not doing well and I wish more than ever that it will thrive, or at least not hang on too long if that is to be it's demise. 
Have a good weekend folks.
ps I forgot to tell you that when coming home last week the bus took a different route through Winnipeg from the airport. It came down Portage to Broadway to Osborne and over the bridge to Fermor and then out to the east on #1. So as we passed along Osborne I was treated to another last glimpse of the old and fondly remembered neighbourhood. I thought it was a most fitting end to my wonderful visit. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment