Sunday, September 9, 2018

Time to get serious...

I have been lallygagging (sp) about without making much headway so now I must get serious about organizing myself and the house and my packing for the trip.
We visited Mike yesterday which was a wonderful distraction to things here at home. Beautiful sunny day - but the mornings are really cold and there was frost on the roofs when we left early and all up the highway. Enjoyed hearing all about his first week at school and his perception of how things will play out for him now that he is actually there after so long planning and thinking about it.
Very intense requirements and assignments and required reading - he was shocked at the book prices and the number required for each of his five classes this first semester. And I am now the proud owner of a Laurentien University mug in royal blue with the U logo and name, and MOM written on it. Mike said he couldn't resist buying these two pieces of swag - Harry also got one with DAD on it- in spite of watching his budget closely.
So today I plan to write my final ToDo list and see if I can cross anything off haha! I shall concentrate on packing and not garden work. I have to catch the bus on Wed at the Restaurant on the highway as all the streets in the Village are dug up for new sewers etc - what a mess to just get to the Post Office and Main St- have to drive to the end of town and back in.
Hope all is well......Take care....see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment