Sunday, September 30, 2018

wouldn't you know...

Today is the second lovely fall day since we put the garden furniture away.

Yesterday we were out to Selkirk to pick up the pieces I've had on exhibition for the last month.  Today we were out for the opening reception of the October show featuring my friends Judith and Kathleen.  Tomorrow I'm out there to put up a small exhibition of my boxes in the Gaynor Family library.  Had to buy gas yesterday.  Wonder why? (Snort)

The bird feeder is active.  Yesterday we had a Nuthatch.  He was actually on the tree trunk, and in a position where I couldn't tell if he was a Red Breasted Nuthatch or a White Breasted Nuthatch.  But the head colouring and the perching position on the tree bark were both very distinctive. And today the Juncos are back!  I figured they were about due.  They usually stay for about two weeks, both spring and fall.  They are dear little things and I so much enjoy watching them.

Otherwise, I've spent a lot of the weekend playing Candy Crush.  I'm on a bit of a roll, (up almost 50 levels in two days), and really don't have much ambition for anything else.  But, the laundry is done, and the bathrooms scrubbed, so does it really matter?

The books I ordered from Amazon.ca have all arrived--the last delivered this morning.  Early books in the Monkeywrench series by P. J. Tracy.  So I have that to look forward to this week, in any case.  Okay, time to think about supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment