Saturday, October 2, 2021

Raining again...

 Good Saturday morning and welcome to October. And surprise... it is pouring rain here again and will be apparently for the next few days. I was jealous of you folks with nice warm days and sunny backyard sits. Although to be comparable, we went for a ride around the Lake the other day to see the coloured leaves. They are almost at their best. Yesterday we took the dogs to the South River/Lake for a walk and was awestruck with the gorgeous view across the perfectly still water and of the landscape on the other side showered with the sun and reflecting into the water like a perfect mirror image. I could not take my eyes off the beauty. Some days can just take your breathe away. I store these times in my head to bring out when i need a lift haha!

Gradually getting some outside work done. More tomatoes out of pots and stakes and tomato cages carried and stored. i cannot move the pots and dump the soil anymore like I once did, so I pile them along the fence ready for next year. And the pots that were along the driveway have been piled in the garden the same way. As long as i can have access to the driveway to do the shoveling this winter, then I am ahead. And will deal with the Spring planting panic when it comes. Since it is raining today i shall do wash and hopefully vacuum. I love my new "Beast" vacuum so do not mind this chore anymore. 

I pulled out some liver from the freezer and that shall be my meal today - I love it done gently with bacon and onions in the fry pan and since Harry does not eat it, i can make it to my satisfaction.  Also have some fresh veg that was purchased from the Market stand set up on the highway - this fellow comes around May/June and sells fresh veg and fruit until Thanksgiving. There is always a line up for his offerings and i think he come three times a week here. Do not know from where he gets his produce, but obviously down south somewhere.

Now for my coffee and some breakfast as i greet another day . Hope all is well there and that you are still enjoying some nice weather. Thinking of you.. take care

No comments:

Post a Comment