Wednesday, December 8, 2021

All done now but the waiting..

 Eye surgery completed yesterday for my right eye and all went well. Now back early this morning for the post op check and then another few weeks of eye drops. I was really quite amazed by this new Drs approach and so very organized in spite of it really being more like an assembly line for them. All of us bedded down and head taped down to stretcher, and drops in and wheeled in to OR, and procedure completed and wheeled out to RR ...and then sent on our way.  But it is done!

Today i shall plan out my next few weeks as i will not be able to shovel, or vacuum or heavy lifting etc as i shall want to protect myself from harm. I have some baking i would like to do - i would like to make some sourdough again this year - have not done that for so many years now. I like to make the starter and grow it, and then make cinnamon buns for Christmas. I have banana muffins to bake as well to use up some old bananas. And there are still two zucchini left over from the Fall that someone gave me - still hard and good shape ( do they never rot??) So what to do with them?

The Quilt Show has been sending out messages daily in the last little while to entice folks to renew and offering bonuses if you do. I am feeling torn still but i think have decided to jump in again and renew, and have it available for another year. Never know when the bug might hit me to carry on with my desires to sew. In meantime all my projects lay dormant.  Not like you Pati. I live my dreams through your work and how you describe what you are doing etc. i enjoy that.

Time to get ready for that early shunt to North Bay. Hope all is well there. I am planning to watch the Grey Cup on Sunday. How did Dave like the game last week. And Harry showed my a picture of Loren that was on Facebook at the game and all dressed up - it must have been really cold in the stands.

Take care 😚

No comments:

Post a Comment