Thursday, December 16, 2021

Well, how is this happening to us?

 So glad to hear that you both have your boosters scheduled.  We made an appointment for ours back in early November, well before these new variants have made the shot so important.  Now we're stuck with it despite the strong words from the government about how important it's become.  So I spent about an hour this morning trying to find a source for an earlier shot, without any luck.  We both have agreed to start isolating a bit more, without cancelling our plans for our anniversary and David's birthday.  Luckily I have few scheduled events, and have cancelled some of those.  (didn't go to Lorette for the craft group yesterday, and won't be participating an a private art gallery tour with my Fibre art Divas tomorrow.)

It was lucky that I had finally had enough of my troublesome computer and contacted the Geek Squad about 9:00 last night.  The first fellow I spoke to quickly realized that the problem was serious, and sent me to the higher level technicians.  That fellow worked on the machine and periodically asked me to do some tasks, but at about 1:30 suggested that I call it a night and head for bed, as the next step would take a couple of hours.  But I was to re-start when I first got up this morning.  What a relief this morning to have everything working perfectly. Thanks to the brandy I had during our session, I slept pretty well--bonus!

Yesterday we did another grocery shopping that we hope will be enough until the same time next week.  That one I expect will be crowded and busy, but at this time of year it's sort of nice to be out when everyone is happy and there are so many pleasant seasonal wishes, even at 6ft, and wearing a mask,  Not really isolating, I know, but I'm hoping to get to the store fairly early in the morning, when it might not be so crowded.

But now to find some way to fill the time between now and then.  I only have so many books to read, so it will have to be studio time.

No comments:

Post a Comment