Saturday, December 4, 2021

Saturday morning and a bit more snow but colder

 Enjoyed that little reprieve with warmer weather and the rain that took away the snow, but we are back to cold again and there is a weather warning up for our area for more snow. This will not work for me as i will not shovel as i prepare for my right eye surgery on Tuesday. Nor will I shovel in the weeks to follow.  Pati, can you send your young fellows who appear in the night to my place????

The kitchen cookie factory is apparently now closed as of yesterday when more cookies were baked. Now I must find suitable trays to fill and cover and then at some point deliver to the kids. And not eat too many myself - as I stupidly stepped on the scale the other day only to realize I had gained approximately 13 pounds in the past two weeks. 

We are scheduled for our booster Covid vaccination for December 17 here at the arena in Sundridge. They are changing the requirements across the country by the sounds of it as a result of this new variant appearing and the latest is that we need a booster..now! Oh joy. 

From your messages you are both full of adventures and excitement. And I love to read it. Pati, I was trying to follow your saga about your EPP piece and it became apparent that it must be a really truly wonderful piece of work but so much for you to prepare.At some point I know we shall see a picture but keep it up. You need to have it finished after all you have done.

I have discovered a few more places on the computer for me to browse for movies or TV shows (CTV and CBC Gem etc) I have only just touched on what might be available and actually have no time to dedicate to learning much more at the present time, but I know it is there. Some you have to pay for which I shall avoid, Right now I have been putting Christmas music on from YouTube as I putter about in the house. Makes a nice change.

Our trip to COSTCO last Tuesday was made, and as much as there is hype about it, we did not find many real bargains. We could have bought a nice Prime Rib roast though for $ 89.00 but passed that up. You have to know your prices to be able to calculate whether you are getting any bargains or not.  But I do have a huge tub of cheese balls sitting in my kitchen haha!  Any takers?

Time to get on with the day. I really should do some wash and tiding up a bit so I can relax after the Surgery, but i do not really feel like it much. I would like to see if I can get the Grey Cup on the computer for Sunday but again, if I cannot I'll just have to wait until Monday news to see how our Bombers made out. Are your folks going to watch?    Take care now, and be safe. 💝

No comments:

Post a Comment