Sunday, December 12, 2021

My apologies

 Not sure what I did, but I knocked myself out of just about everything yesterday.  Prior to that I had tried to change what Microsoft calls my primary hours of use, from 8:00am to 9:00pm, to 9:00 am to10:00 pm.  This now means that every time I try to sign in to anything,  including Google, I have to go back to my basic password.  Then, its been so long that it doesn't recognize me, and I have to re-set every password.  So glad I have nothing but time on my hands-not!

Beth, you must be so relieved to have your eyes finally done.  Be very careful, as it sounds you are.  Even if your previous retinal tears, prove a problem, there are such advances in eye care that it may not be as much of a problem as it could have been, even 10 years ago.

This has been a busy week.  We have been out and about almost every day, and have spent money we didn't have. I'm not sure which day we did what.  This is supposed to be info on my Bujo, but, while I might stroke the task off, the day it was done isn't recorded.  But my "happy' pills say "who cares?"  We even both got inexpensive winter jackets, on Wednesday afternoon.  David had needed one, but the price was right, so I got one too.  Not as warm as we would have liked, but had both planned to wear something under them, so it all works out.

We had to do a more thorough grocery shopping that we usually do in the middle of the month, as we ran out of things that were unexpected.  The month end shopping in November was quite small and now we know why.  As well, we wanted to be well stocked up prior to Christmas and Christmas week.   None the less, we ended up in Walmart on Saturday afternoon, which meant dealing with the traffic at Regent and Lagimodiere, on Saturday afternoon three weeks before Christmas, as well as being there two weeks before Christmas!  We both wondered if there was any sort of special award for that.  But we now have a new batch of wine in the rack, and both have enough pills to last until the New Year, when our Blue Cross plans come back into force.

When I check my weekly task lists, in the Bujo, over the past two months, getting my EPP quilt ready for the long-armer, has been at the top of the list, every week.  Well, this week it is crossed off, and Geesje has been e-mailed to let her know it is ready.  I had trouble finishing the border , and then the fabric bought for the backing was too small.  I spent hours, when I should have been sleeping, trying to figure out how I could split what I had and insert some sort of stripe(s?) of a different colour.  I wanted it to look planned. Thursday morning, I had another, unexpected, machine class at KTR, where I had bought the machine.  I just decided that I would buy more backing fabric, this time in a basic off white.  Then it would be done, and I would still  have the original backing fabric to use on another project, as well as some off white scraps to use for different projects, as those are always welcome.  Or so I thought.

It turned out that the new fabric was very creased within the longitudinal folds, and needed to be pressed before it could be cut.  Even worse, when I tried to tear off one end to give me a straight starting place, for measuring, it turned out to be very off grain.  In the end it took most of a day, but I did end up with a generous backing, pressed and ready to go, after several hours of wrestling with fabric and bad words.  As well a very nice strip of fabric, 28" wide by over 9' long, was left over, when the final width had been determined.  Quite useful.  Yesterday morning David helped me cut the batting to size.  Now 'tis done!

Yesterday, while I was enjoying starting on not one, but two, new projects, David called the small shop in Transcona, where he gets his finger and toe nails cut.  He was hoping for an appointment before Christmas, as I had warned him that such shops are usually very busy this time of year.  He comes to me with a big smile on his face and says, "four o'clock today"  Holy s--t!  So we're off for 4:00, and yes they have time for me to have a manicure as well as the pedicure that had been scheduled.  An older fellow was leaving as we came in, and a young couple arriving just before we left, so I'm guessing she does a good business with gentlemen.

Today, David will be watching his football game, later here as well.  Gail and I had agreed to get together for coffee, about 3:30, thinking the game would be on by then, and we could stay and gab as long as we wanted to.  But, I will still stay  as long as works, then grab a pizza in the store next to Starbucks, where we usually go, before heading home. Supper taken care of.

Cathy, what are your plans for game day?

No comments:

Post a Comment