Friday, December 17, 2021

Time flies

 Here it is.... only a week until Christmas.  It will be quiet here.  Rrain will be here and we are having pot roast and mashed potatoes.  A turkey would be too much. Pati, what sort of freezer meals do you make when you cook a turkey?  I seem to have a lack of imagination when it comes to turkey leftovers..... pie and soup.  Sandi's sister is coming home from Alberta for Christmas so her entire family will spend the day together.  Rrain has the week between Christmas and New Years off, so Sandi is planning on checking their work schedules so that we can see if we can get together.  Our house is bare, as we never set up the tree.  I am afraid that Lucky will destroy it, and probably eat the decorations.  Jim is still thinking of putting it up.  He is far more optimistic about its survival.  I am planning on gathering up my nerve and going to meat draw again tonight.  I have been avoiding it, but I now find that my unwillingness to go out is becoming almost a paranoia!  Everyone there has to be double vaxed and wear a mask except when sitting down.  The round table has the people we associated with over the summer.  I just find I hate crowds!  Plus it's Ham and Turkey draw and Ugly Sweater Contest.   Who could turn that down 😜?  I put the Christmas music station on the TV, but so far it appears to be opera, in an unknown language.  I think I will search farther.  Jim went to the colony to give Sam a bottle for Christmas.  He will probably return with cookies, and buns and other food.  More than two people will need.  I sure hope I can find a corner of the freezer.  We went to Killarney last Sunday and had a really great visit.  Spent a lot of time with all three of them.  We had wanted to take them out for lunch, or at least order takeout, but, despite being told what we were going to do,  Kris has all the makings for indivdual pizzas ready.  He used Naan bread for the crust.  Really very good.   And now it is back to the next load of laundry.  My life is still so exciting.  Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment