Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Dec 1st and +6C.

 We were out last evening, not getting home until about 11:30.  There had been a bit of snow during the day, with a forecast of freezing rain for today.  As we turned into the driveway, there were two young fellows shovelling the driveway--at 11:30 at night.  What a pleasant surprise.  Then we got into the Elderberry wine we put down in 2015.  there was a  fair bit of sludge in the bottom of the bottle, but we found it could be filtered quite nicely using my little filter-drip coffee maker.

Today there was a craft group meeting in Lorette.  We spent the morning checking to see if there was much freezing rain and what condition the roads were in.  While things looked mainly wet, the temp was several degrees above freezing so I took a chance and drove out.  Gail has been inviting her friend, Lori from Lorette, as opposed to her friend Lori H, who is not from Lorette.  Today the three of us worked on Boho beads.  Boho beads take a significant amount of supplies and tools, and in trying to control the clutter, all of the supplies I took, ended up in one bag and all mixed together.  so tomorrow. I will be spending a fair amount of time sorting them out and storing them in a manner that will leave them readily accessible.  I have sandwiched the heart quilt I put together a couple of weeks ago, and hope to get it machine quilted over the next few days.  I will be glad to see it bound and put into the "finished' pile.

In the mean time, David and I are experiencing life under the influence of "happy" pills.  There is more laughter, more joking, and far less stress.  Since I tend to cycle at the best of times, and have all my life, there are a few days, periodically, when I get a little bit hypo-manic.  This serves me well in the studio, so I monitor it, but am not yet becoming concerned about it.  However, usually, at these times, jobs are found for David, and I tend to think he is less pleased that I about this side effect.

My diet had been carefully followed, until last week end.  But the weight loss has been maintained, regardless, so as a safeguard. tomorrow, I plan to revert to phase #1, a few days early. I do have to say that the "torpedo" shrimp I had for supper last night, lightly breaded and beautifully cooked, were well worth it. 😋😋

No comments:

Post a Comment