Monday, December 27, 2021

And it snows

 My computer is ready, but we won't be able to get out of the yard easily until the men come with their shovels, and that's not likely to happen until it stops snowing--sometime later today or tonight.  The tv says we can expect 10-15cm.  I think we must have near that now.

So we stay home and relax.  It's just about noon, the kitchen is clean, and I have no pressing duties until supper time.  David has brought his computer into the kitchen and left it at my usual place at the table--right where my computer usually sits.  I've taken the opportunity to clear out the bookmarks that are either very old, or of limited use.  But I did find the one that showed the quick and easy method of making lots of Flying Geese squares.  I've been looking for that for awhile now.

Christmas was very different, with David rushing off to pick up dinner, and then serving  ourselves out of boxes on the counter.  There were lots of leftovers. Gail took some home, but in the flurry of activity didn't get any turkey.  I wonder if that was an oversight or or a planned event.  The turkey was very dry, and not too palatable. None the less, we're having some for supper tonight.  Last night was fried perogies with sour cream and meat balls. David couldn't remember ever having eaten fried perogies, and I'm not sure he will ever eat them again, but I thoroughly enjoyed them.  I can't remember the last time I was able to eat them.

I'm getting some work done in the studio, but mainly on charity quilts, not on anything "arty".  Not sure how I feel about that, but find that I'm not feeling too worried.  What will be, etc., but maybe that's just the "happy" pills talking.  My favourite art supply store has re-opened, after making a move to a new location, and are advertising a huge sale.  I would very much like to get over there this week, and am actually thinking of maybe doing some more lino block carving, and printing.  I have a project in mind, but have no idea how it might turn out.

So that's our life right now.  Happy in our nest, where we're warm and well fed. What more could we ask.  What's in your lives?  Do we need another conference call?

No comments:

Post a Comment