Monday, September 5, 2022

Not really the weekend we planned.

Did the laundry on Thursday this week, as I had an a optometrist appointment for 11:00 Friday.  Of course, David had to drive me, as I would still be dilated after the exam, which took 1 1/2 hour.  Eyes are just fine, as is my vision.  Good to know.  Once home we spent the rest of the day relaxing, in preparation for our time at the Gallery Saturday.  We were expecting to be alone Saturday, but another lady showed up.  She may have been a fuchsia haired woman, but I'm suspicious that it might have been the Energizer Bunny in disguise.  Violetta and David worked their way through a list of suggested chores for volunteers, even to the point of going out to the parking lot and cleaning up a pile of old clothing, and other junk, that was hidden in a a nook against the building.  There has been a real problem with homeless people setting up in this sheltered nook.  David went to the local Dollarama to get a reacher so they didn't have to touch any of the stuff.  There were very few visitors, although a couple them kept us busy, including a man who arrived just short of closing, and came to donate two wooden sculptures. Expensive souvenirs from the Caribbean. Very nice, but sort of useless, although we figured out a couple of things that could be done with them.

Yesterday was to have been quiet as well, but David's sister, Gail, dropped in about 1:30.  We sat in the garden and chatted for almost 2 hours.  Earlier, I had been out to Pennington's, where I bought two light-coloured brassieres. The ones I've been wearing for over 20 years just aren't doing the job any more.  Also picked up a more dressier but still casual t-shirt.  It will be perfect for fall.  Warmer, and with the 3/4 sleeves that I very much prefer.  All of this was on sale. Then it was quiet time again for both of us.  I finally got down to the studio, where I'm still working on the pale Lavender coloured box.  This is taking on, yet again, another final appearance, and final function.  I'll try to get a bit more done on it today, including pictures.

The rest of the week looks quiet.  I don't envy either of you with all of your vegetables to put up in some way.  I'm having trouble using all of the tomatoes in my fridge, too, but I bought them with good intensions.  Have a good Labour day, and try not to think of what is coming behind it.  We've taken care of whatever services we need to in order to get through the winter.  There's no further preparation we can do.  I do have to say that our Hydrangeas are putting on a wonderful show for the neighbours.

Stay safe ladies. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment