Saturday, September 17, 2022

Where did the week go....

 One day leads to the next and before you know it...I am still seeing Pati's blog about books when I had wanted to respond to it before now. I so love my own personal books and better still, the series of books from the writers just as you spoke of Pati.  Of course I have the Kidd series which I have read only twice. I have the entire collection of Steve Berry's Cotton Malone adventures. Most of the Gamache novels and then a spattering from the Rockton series and several of Kate Mortons novels. And many from other Authors/Series but not entire collections. And I wonder what I should do with them all as I seem to be the only voracious reader in my family. But...who cares.. I love my books haha!

Not much left in the garden now so I have been cleaning up and emptying pots and stacking them for next year thinking if I do it a bit at a time, the approaching end to the Fall will not seem so daunting to me.  I brought in all the house plants that had been out all Summer and they have never looked so good. Blossoms all over the azalea tree and new healthy growth on the cactuses (cactii??)including my beloved Maplewood cactus. I arranged them in the back sun room a bit different from previous years and have a beautiful view of them all from above in the kitchen window. This always makes me feel good especially in Winter when all I see is the snow out the windows but now have the backdrop of succulent plants to view instead. Small blessing mean so much....haha!

The neighbours across the street from us have now cut down all their trees along the road and we can see right into their back yard plain as can be. They have started to build a high wooden slat fence but it is going to take a long time to finish that the whole length of the yard, if indeed that is their intention (I hope). Right now the cut down trees and branches are lying on the boulevard until they can cut them up and haul them away to the dump. He works 12 hour shift work and seems to be the only one doing the work. He had someone (an experienced tree feller friend I think) come in to top the trees and fell them but he does all the rest including digging up the base of the trees which many are at least 2-3 ft in diameter. And she just yells at him haha!  I do not like to see healthy grown trees taken down indiscriminately purely for reasons other than them been dangerous  to fall and cause damage or injury.

Well I had planned to view a The Quilt Show show but time has escaped me again so i shall say bye for now and get the night chores done and hit the bed ( and read of course )

Take care. Are you planning to get that new bivalent booster for Covid? I will be calling the PHU to book appt for Harry and I, and also the Pharmacy to see about the Flu vaccines and when they are ready to start to give them. Thinking of you...💖 


No comments:

Post a Comment